It has already been more than a year and a half since the pandemic of COVID-19 started modifying our lives. However, due to the strenuous work of medics and scientists across the world the vaccines against the SARS-CoV-2 virus have been developed and this in turn allows us to return to ‘normality’ even though this term has a somewhat different meaning in our new reality.
On September 30, 2021, a new ordinance of the Director of the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology (IFiS) of the Polish Academy of Sciences regarding the organization of work at the Institute and the rules of staying in the premises of the Institute has been announced. Below we list the most relevant parts in regards to our Centre.
1) All the employees, PhD students, lecturers, and visitors can enter and stay on the area of IFiS only after showing one of the following:
– a Vaccination Certificate,
– the EU Digital COVID Certificate,
– a certificate confirming recovery from a COVID-19 infection,
– a valid negative COVID-19 test,
– or a medical certificate of the inability to be vaccinated,
to the specialist of Human Resources (for employees) or the head of the organizational unit / an organizator of an event (for participants of an event).
2) National and international trips as well as the participation in the conferences, conventions, and symposiums require the consent of the Director of the Institute.
3) Some of the work duties can be performed remotely (home office).
Based on the above our team is happy to be able to work from their office (room 143) at the Staszic Palace where the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, and with it our Centre, is placed.